M.E. Franke, Ph.D.
Lawyer since: 2002
Specialist area: liability and insurance law, civil cassation
Education: Dutch law, Leiden University
After her graduation, Mirjam Franke was employed at Leiden University as a university lecturer in civil law.
In 2002, she started working as a lawyer at Streefkerk Advocaten. She is an experienced civil cassation lawyer. She also offers advice and litigates in the legal fields she specialises in: liability and insurance law, with the emphasis on employer’s liability, medical liability and professional liability in general.
She is also a highly skilled mediator. In certain cases, mediation is a better solution to a dispute than conducting legal proceedings.
In January 2022 Mirjam defended (“cum laude”) her PhD-thesis: “On and beyond the boundary of tort. A study of the position of the justification in non-contractual liability law”.
Activities and memberships
- co-author of the ‘Handboek Personenschade’ (a manual about personal injury)
- annotator of ‘Jurisprudentie Aansprakelijkheid’ (a magazine about liability case law)
- the Association for Civil Law [Vereniging voor Burgerlijk Recht (VBR)]
- the Association of Civil Cassation Lawyers [Vereniging van Civiele Cassatieadvocaten (VCCA)]
- the Dutch Association for Procedural Law [Nederlandse Vereniging voor Procesrecht (NVvP)]
- the Association for Liability and Compensation law [Vereniging voor Aansprakelijkheids- en Schadevergoedingsrecht (VASR)]
- the Association for Health Law [Vereniging voor Gezondheidsrecht (VGR)]
- the Association for Insurance Research [Vereniging voor Verzekeringswetenschap (VvVW)]